1. Be original.
2. Make it easy for visitors to comment and discuss the topic.
3. Use emotional words and pictures.
4. Make your writing easy to understand.
5. Put your email and phone number at the very top or a link to them.
6. Make pictures smaller so your website won’t load slowly.
7. Save your website information or source code to a USB, SD, CD,any type of memory.
8. Respond to all of your comments and questions.
9. No videos or music that comes on automatically.
10. Don’t buy ads that bring people who aren’t interested in your stuff.
11. Tell your friends and family about your stuff.
12. Make sure your website works in IE Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari ect.
13. Attract professionals to promote your website or products.
14. Make words big enough for all ages to read.
15. Update content daily and don’t copy content from others.
16. Don’t use tricks just title and describe exactly what you’re promoting.
17. Don’t take bad feedback personally.
18. Share knowledge with your peers.
19. Compete with the well-known websites.
20. Monitor your websites progress by using sites like Alexa.
21. If many viewers request adding or removing content, strongly consider it.
22. Add visitors to social networks like Facebook, Twitter ect..
23. Include your link in email and text message signatures.
24. Make sure your domain name does not have more than 20 letters.
25. Ask visitors to refer your website to others.
26. Ask people to subscribe to your newsletters to stay updated.
27. Only link to websites just like yours.
28. Find successful techniques to use.
29. Remove links that don’t work.
30. Post special articles during holidays for a boost of traffic.
31. Don’t use comments (only) to promote websites.
32. Study websites you bookmarked, liked, saved, and favorite.
33. Use keywords as text for links to pages and not its title.
34. Promote your website like a business.
35. Use fonts style that are easy to read.
36. Create networks of with people with similar interest.
37. Use memorable videos to replace text.
38. Publish content that benefits you and your visitors.
39. Add content as needed.
40. Study your site statistics to improve results. Visit statcounter.com for more info
41. Pay a trusted company to promote your website.
42. Host a scheduled podcast.
43. Share wisdom of promotional failures.
44. Install 3rd party widgets that improves results.
45. Minimize code to speed up your website.
46. Showcase your testimonials.
47. NEVER use all caps just bold font.
48. Create an easy to spell domain name.
49. Provide valuable information.
50. Last but not least, describe exactly what your website/pages are about in titles, ads, and or headlines.
I hope you find all 50 strategies helpful. Your comments are appreciated!
Written by Ashley Brothers & Cheru Jackson